Life insurance comes with many options and sizes. With just a little research, you can figure out what type of policy you need to meet your financial needs.
20-year term life insurance is a popular option, and for good reasons. Term life insurance is highly affordable and 20 years often covers the amount of time your loved ones will depend on you financially.
Better still, many top-rated life insurance carriers offer 20-year term life insurance without requiring a physical exam.
In this article, we will cover 5 reasons to purchase a 20-year no medical exam life insurance policy, how much it costs, the application process, and more.
Table Of Contents
- What is 20-Year Term Life Insurance?
- 5 Best Reasons to Purchase 20-Year No Exam Term Life Insurance
- How Much Does 20-Year Term Life Insurance Cost?
- Best Companies for 20-Year Term Life Insurance with No Medical Exam
- 3 Examples of When 20-Year Term is Not a Good Fit
- How Much Term Life Insurance Coverage Should You Buy?
- How to Apply for No Exam 20-Year Term Life Insurance
Term life insurance definition – simply put, term is life insurance that provides a death benefit for a specific amount of time.
Popular and often recommended, term life insurance is an affordable way to secure a large amount of coverage – during a time when you need it most.
20-year term life insurance is life insurance that guarantees the death benefits during the term length (20 years). After the 20-year term expires, you can renew the term, convert to whole life insurance if your life insurance company offers this, or choose to not have life insurance anymore.
Why is Term Life Insurance More Popular?
Term life insurance is regularly purchased because it’s:
- Available in large face amounts (i.e. $500,000 no exam life insurance)
- Often convertible to a permanent policy
- Typically tax-advantageous
- Ideal for most individuals and families
Term life insurance comes in different lengths:
- 5-year term life insurance (uncommon)
- 10-year term life insurance
- 20-year term life insurance (most common)
- 30-year term life insurance
- 40-year term life insurance (uncommon)
Keep in mind – No medical exam life insurance is purchased all the time. In other words, often, it makes sense to skip the needles, nurses, and liquid samples when you buy term.
1. Term Life Insurance Protects Your Family and Dependents
Most often, term life insurance is purchased to financially protect those you care about most.
20 years of coverage is the most common term length because many families need protection for about that long.
Let’s consider 3 examples:
- A married couple has 3 young children, ages 1, 3, and 5 years. Each spouse purchases term life insurance for 20 years to financially protect their family until their youngest child reaches adulthood.
- A single mom has one child, age 10. She purchases 20 years of life insurance to provide income replacement until she reaches retirement.
- A single dad has four teenage children, ages 13, 15, 15, and 17 years. He purchases a 20-year term policy to safeguard his income and provide financial support to his children into adulthood.
In other words – You will want to safeguard your loved ones for as long as they will need financial protection. 20 years is often a good fit.
2. Term Life Insurance is Affordable
Term life insurance is highly affordable compared to most other types of life insurance.
Here are a few example quotes to get a general idea of the cost. (Detailed 20-year term quotes are found below.)
20 Year Term Life Insurance Quotes
|30 Year Old Male||$9.10||$13.11||$20.12||$34.13|
|30 Year Old Female||$8.26||$11.70||$17.11||$28.72|
|40 Year Old Male||$10.92||$17.85||$28.38||$51.17|
|40 Year Old Female||$10.33||$15.26||$24.94||$43.43|
|50 Year Old Male||$20.74||$40.85||$74.39||$142.33|
|50 Year Old Female||$16.45||$31.18||$55.47||$101.91|
3. 20 Years is the Most Popular Term Length for Life Insurance
All of the top-rated term life insurance companies offer 20-year policies. This gives you more choices and a better chance at securing the lowest rates possible.
Why this is good for you – No life insurance company is the same. When you work with an independent agent, you’ll receive multiple quotes from multiple carriers. Your unique needs will determine the best carrier to apply with.
4. 20-Year Term Life Insurance is Popular and Has Many Benefits
20-year term life insurance is popular for good reason:
- Low-cost monthly premiums
- Level term means your premium payments stay the same for the life of the policy
- Provides financial protection for an amount of time that makes sense for many families
- Often, living benefits (riders) are included with policy purchase
- Typically, the ability to convert into a permanent policy (during certain times) – should your need for life insurance protection change
5. Term Life Insurance Can Bring Financial Security
While peace of mind is more abstract than knowing your premiums will be affordable, it’s priceless.
“Quite simply, life insurance may be one of the most important purchases you’ll ever make.” -Life Happens, a non-profit life insurance awareness organization
Not to sound dark, but it’s true, no one is guaranteed tomorrow. If you have loved ones who depend on you financially, it’s the right thing to do to protect them through life insurance.
For reference, below are sample quotes for 20-year term life insurance.
Important – Quotes are merely samples and are based on healthy individuals. Your specific quote will vary.
20 Year Term Life Insurance Quotes For Male 30 - 39 Years
|30 Year Old||$9.10||$13.11||$20.12||$34.13|
|31 Year Old||$9.03||$13.33||$20.12||$34.13|
|32 Year Old||$9.03||$13.33||$20.55||$34.13|
|33 Year Old||$9.12||$13.46||$20.67||$34.13|
|34 Year Old||$9.12||$13.54||$21.07||$34.13|
|35 Year Old||$9.12||$13.67||$21.07||$35.00|
|36 Year Old||$9.46||$14.40||$22.36||$39.27|
|37 Year Old||$9.80||$15.05||$24.41||$41.27|
|38 Year Old||$10.15||$16.19||$25.37||$44.29|
|39 Year Old||$10.58||$16.77||$27.09||$48.59|
20 Year Term Life Insurance Quotes For Female 30 - 39 Years
|30 Year Old||$8.26||$11.70||$17.11||$28.72|
|31 Year Old||$8.34||$11.82||$17.54||$28.81|
|32 Year Old||$8.34||$11.82||$17.54||$29.58|
|33 Year Old||$8.43||$12.04||$17.97||$29.67|
|34 Year Old||$8.51||$12.04||$18.06||$30.53|
|35 Year Old||$8.51||$12.04||$18.49||$30.53|
|36 Year Old||$8.86||$12.68||$19.35||$33.11|
|37 Year Old||$9.20||$13.33||$20.64||$34.83|
|38 Year Old||$9.55||$13.76||$21.93||$37.41|
|39 Year Old||$9.89||$14.40||$23.22||$39.99|
20 Year Term Life Insurance Quotes For Male 40 - 49 Years
|40 Year Old||$10.92||$17.85||$28.38||$51.17|
|41 Year Old||$11.78||$19.35||$31.82||$58.05|
|42 Year Old||$12.73||$21.66||$35.69||$65.79|
|43 Year Old||$13.74||$23.43||$39.99||$75.53|
|44 Year Old||$14.44||$25.58||$44.29||$82.13|
|45 Year Old||$15.58||$27.95||$49.29||$92.28|
|46 Year Old||$17.11||$30.31||$53.56||$100.02|
|47 Year Old||$18.23||$32.68||$58.25||$108.62|
|48 Year Old||$19.44||$34.18||$61.06||$119.11|
|49 Year Old||$20.30||$37.84||$68.37||$130.29|
20 Year Term Life Insurance Quotes For Female 40 - 49 Years
|40 Year Old||$10.33||$15.26||$24.94||$43.43|
|41 Year Old||$10.84||$16.34||$27.52||$47.73|
|42 Year Old||$11.35||$17.84||$29.67||$52.03|
|43 Year Old||$12.08||$19.13||$32.25||$57.19|
|44 Year Old||$12.43||$20.85||$35.69||$63.12|
|45 Year Old||$12.78||$22.75||$38.70||$70.09|
|46 Year Old||$14.05||$24.08||$41.28||$75.25|
|47 Year Old||$14.85||$25.58||$44.29||$80.41|
|48 Year Old||$16.10||$27.31||$47.30||$87.29|
|49 Year Old||$16.27||$29.03||$51.60||$94.17|
10 Year Term Life Insurance Quotes For Male 50 - 59 Years
|50 Year Old||$14.10||$23.65||$41.71||$75.51|
|51 Year Old||$15.05||$26.02||$46.44||$84.35|
|52 Year Old||$16.00||$28.81||$51.83||$93.10|
|53 Year Old||$16.98||$31.61||$57.57||$104.91|
|54 Year Old||$17.68||$35.00||$63.88||$115.50|
|55 Year Old||$19.34||$38.06||$70.48||$130.38|
|56 Year Old||$20.98||$41.50||$76.93||$142.33|
|57 Year Old||$22.53||$45.35||$85.36||$156.95|
|58 Year Old||$24.17||$49.39||$92.02||$172.43|
|59 Year Old||$26.23||$54.44||$101.90||$192.21|
20 Year Term Life Insurance Quotes For Female 50 - 59 Years
|50 Year Old||$16.45||$31.18||$55.47||$101.91|
|51 Year Old||$19.39||$34.19||$61.06||$112.23|
|52 Year Old||$20.74||$37.41||$67.08||$123.41|
|53 Year Old||$21.09||$40.85||$73.53||$136.31|
|54 Year Old||$21.44||$44.41||$81.27||$150.07|
|55 Year Old||$22.49||$47.03||$87.94||$165.55|
|56 Year Old||$27.30||$53.75||$97.61||$181.89|
|57 Year Old||$29.07||$58.53||$105.78||$199.09|
|58 Year Old||$31.30||$64.94||$115.67||$218.01|
|59 Year Old||$33.97||$70.33||$126.42||$241.23|
Note – Some quotes provided are for fully underwritten life insurance (medical exam). However, no exam options exist for most 20-year term products.
Best Companies for 20-Year Term Life Insurance with No Medical Exam
If you are interested in skipping the medical exam, the following carriers are popular options for 20-year term policies:
- Foresters – provides member benefits, excellent riders, and competitive rates.
- Phoenix – has excellent riders and can be ideal for someone with a few health issues.
- ANICO – superior riders and willing to absorb some health risks.
- Sagicor – rapid underwriting and competitive rates
- Fidelity – a highly-rated company with quick underwriting
While 20-year is the most popular term life insurance purchased, there are times when it does not make sense.
Let’s take a look at a few scenarios:
You Have a Permanent Need for Life Insurance
Sometimes, life insurance will be permanently desired. Let’s say, for example, you want to leave an estate to your loved ones through life insurance.
Consider no exam whole life insurance options for coverage that does not end.
You Do Not Qualify for Term Life Insurance
As an example, a serious health condition (i.e. some serious types of cancer) can prohibit you from purchasing term.
In that case, you may need to look into a graded benefit or guaranteed issue policy instead. Guaranteed issue life insurance is best for someone who has exhausted other life insurance options.
For example, you are looking for life insurance as a cancer patient.
Your Life Insurance Needs are Short Term
You may also only need a short term life insurance policy if your children will become financially independent within 10 years.
How Much Term Life Insurance Coverage Should You Buy?
Term life insurance is highly affordable. And, there are more options than ever before if you are interested in skipping the medical exam.
You will want an amount of life insurance that will financially protect your loved ones, should something happen to you. Consider the following when determining how much life insurance you need:
- Your income
- Mortgage or rent
- Debt (i.e. credit card)
- Loans (i.e. student, car, business)
- Future financial needs (i.e. college tuition)
How Long Do You Need Life Insurance Coverage?
Moreover, you will want your term life insurance to last for as long as a financial need exists. The following are guidelines to help you determine how long you will need coverage:
- Age of loved ones who depend on you financially
- How many years until retirement
- Financial goals (i.e. how many years until your mortgage is paid off)
- What you want your life insurance to accomplish (i.e. pay off debt, cover living expenses, pay for college)
How to Apply for No Exam 20-Year Term Life Insurance
There are two things you need to do in order to purchase 20-year term life insurance (and possibly skip the medical exam):
- Partner up – collaborate with an independent life insurance agent (that’s us). Independent agents have your best interest at heart and are not held captive to a specific life insurance company. They will shop the top-rated carriers to find the best policy at the most competitive price.
- Prepare – in order to be ready for your life insurance application and interview, have important information easily available. This includes your basic information (DOB, SSN, etc.), your medical history, your occupation, and beneficiary information.
5 Steps To Buying No Exam 20-Year Term Life Insurance
Here is the application process for 20-year term life insurance with no exam.
The process is simple and streamlined.
1. Apply Over the Phone or Online
Your application will be submitted either electronically or over the phone.
2. Be Prepared for the Interview
You will participate in a phone interview lasting about 20 minutes. Expect to be asked basic questions about your health, occupation, and lifestyle.
3. Underwriter Reviews Your Records
The underwriter (their job is to evaluate risk) will review your:
- Motor vehicle
- Prescription history
- Medical Information Bureau (a database of previous insurance applications)
4. A Decision is Made
Quickly, a decision will be made on your application. Expect one of three outcomes:
- Approved – Best case scenario. You are approved for the life insurance policy you applied for.
- Further information required – Sometimes, let’s say a medical condition is listed on your application, more information may be needed from your physician before a decision can be made.
- Decline – You are not approved for the life insurance policy you applied for. This happens from time to time. Take heart, though, because there are plenty of life insurance options to consider after a decline occurs.
5. If Approved, You Can Relax!
You can relax now, knowing you and your dependents are protected.
No physical exam life insurance is an excellent option for 20-year term life insurance. To get started, simply fill out our free instant quote.