Foresters Financial is an international financial services provider headquartered in New York City, New York. They were founded in 1874 and have a long history of providing excellent life insurance products to their clients. Unique to Foresters, The Independent Order of Foresters, a fraternal benefit society (a member organization with shared values), underwrites their life insurance.
As a fraternal benefit society, The Independent Order of Foresters (Foresters) provides family financial products and services to its members; strives to make its members’ communities better places; and gives its members opportunities for personal development, social interaction, and voluntary service to others. – The Independent Order of Foresters, Common Bond and Purpose
Financial Strength Rating: A (A.M. Best, 2017)
Interesting Fact – One of Foresters Financial’s first leaders was Dr. Oronhyatekha, who was one of Canada’s first Native doctors to include western medicine in his practice.
Foresters offers no physical life insurance called, Foresters Your Term – No Exam. No physical life insurance does not require medical procedures during the application process.
While Foresters Your Term – No Exam is a popular non-med life insurance product, it’s important to remember that every life insurance company is unique in its features and underwriting procedures.
Here’s what we mean: No two life insurance products are the same. Each company uses their own unique process to underwrite and offer life insurance. Your needs will determine which life insurance company is best to apply with.
Goal – Review Foresters Your Term – No Exam life insurance to decide if it’s a good fit for your needs.
Table Of Contents
The most important aspects of no physical life insurance to analyze are:
- Wait time – how long you have to wait before your application is approved and your life insurance policy is issued
- Issue ages – the age range of the applicant that the life insurance company is willing to insure
- Policy amount – the dollar amount (policy size) the life insurance company offers
- Policy length – the number of years the life insurance company will allow the policy to last
How Foresters Your Term – No Exam measures up
Foresters Your Term – No Exam policy decisions are often made within minutes. Their wait time is typically one of the quickest compared to other top-rated no physical carriers.
Policies are offered to applicants between the ages of 18 – 80 years old. Many popular no physical carriers do not offer policies up to age 80, and often limit their issue age to 65. If you are older than 65 (and issue age 80 or younger), Foresters is an excellent no physical life insurance carrier.
Your policy size can range from $50,000 – $400,000 – that’s fairly standard for no physical life insurance. If you are looking for a policy amount that is larger or smaller, evaluate our best 5 no physical life insurance carriers.
Important – Policy amounts are limited by issue age. See below:
Foresters Your Term – No Exam offers one of the widest ranges of policy lengths.
Important – Term lengths are limited by age and tobacco use. See below:
Foresters Your Term – No Exam is known for their generous riders:
- Included with a policy purchase:
- Accelerated Death Benefit -Provides an option to accelerate a portion of the eligible death benefit and receive a payment if the insured is diagnosed with a covered illness, which may include critical, chronic, and terminal illnesses (physician documentation is required).
- Family Health Benefit: Can pay a benefit for limited family health expenses that may occur as a result of natural disasters, such as hurricanes, tornadoes, and earthquakes.
- Common Carrier Accidental Death Benefit: Designed to provides an additional death benefit if you die of accidental injuries that occur while riding as a fare-paying passenger on a common carrier, such as a plane, bus or train.
- Charity Benefit Provision: When a claim is paid to the beneficiary(ies), Foresters will pay an additional 1% of the face amount to a registered charitable organization if designated by the owner. The payment is made as a donation in the name of the insured.
- Optional add-ons for an additional cost:
- Accidental Death Benefit: An amount paid in addition to the standard benefit payable if the insured died of natural causes.
- Disability Income Protection: Available in two versions: for accidents only or for both accidents and illness.
- Waiver of Premium: Helps you maintain your valuable life insurance coverage if you are totally disabled and unable to work.
Policy Conversion Options
Your policy may be converted to a permanent policy without evidence of insurability under the following conditions:
- During the term length of your policy, minus five years
- OR after age 65, prior to the anniversary of your policy
Unique To Foresters
As a policyholder, you become a member of The Independent Order of Foresters. This means you are entitled to:
- Competitive academic scholarships
- Financial counseling
- Discounted legal services
- Volunteering opportunities
Bottom line – Foresters offers policy amounts that are typical for no physical life insurance. Additionally, they issue policies up to age 80 – one of the oldest issue age limits for life insurance with no physical exam required. Member benefits are unique to Foresters.
Foresters Your Term – No Exam uses a lightning-fast application process. Often, a policy decision is made within 10 minutes. Anticipate a simple, straightforward phone conversation when applying.
Your phone interview will include questions about:
- Your medical history. For example, have you experienced any of the following –
- History of alcohol abuse
- Chest pains
- Cyst, lump, or tumor
- Drug or substance abuse
- Mental health treatment
- Prescribed medications
- History of major illness (for example, you are a cancer patient)
- Military service
- History of criminal activity (jail, probation/parole, pending charges)
- Driving record (DUI)
- Hobbies/Avocations (i.e. private pilot, mountain climbing, skydiving)
- Lifestyle (i.e. tobacco use)
Important – Preparation is essential to receiving a fast policy decision. Be ready for your phone application by recording your medical history, physicians’ contact information, and any pertinent information about your driving record, occupation, hobbies, and lifestyle.
Upon completion of your phone interview, you will be offered one of two rate classes if you are approved:
Note – Declines do happen from time to time. However, it’s important to remember that there’s always life insurance options available, even after a decline.
Key Features of Foresters Your Term – No Exam Application Process
- Requirements for approval:
- Phone interview to include questions about:
- Medical history
- Avocations (recreational activities)
- Military service
- Medical Information Bureau (independent medical record database) report
- Pharmacy database history (typically within the last 10 years)
- Driving record review
- Tobacco use is accepted, however, your rates will be affected
- Phone interview to include questions about:
- Not required for approval:
- Medical exam
- Attending Physician Statement (APS) – in other words, a report from your doctor
- Routine Personal Health Interview (PHI)
- Coverage justification
Bottom line – Foresters Your Term – No Exam policy decisions are lightning-fast. Be prepared for the phone interview in order to have a streamlined application process.
Important Features Of Foresters Your Term – No Exam Quotes
- Foresters will issue no physical life insurance policies up to age 80 (with some limits)
- Premium payments (the amount you pay for life insurance) are most competitive with their fully underwritten (think medical exam) policies for:
- Younger ages
- Smaller policy size
- Foresters offers two health classes: Standard and Tobacco
Key takeaway – Foresters may be an excellent fit for your needs. You will want to collaborate with an independent agent for the most competitive rates.
Whether or not Foresters is the right no physical life insurance company to apply with depends on a number of things:
- Health status
- Medical history
- Desired policy amount
- Desired policy length
Every no physical life insurance carrier is different. Your unique needs will determine which company is the best fit.
There are two things you need to do in order to secure the best policy you qualify for:
Collaborate with an independent agent
- Here’s why: It’s important to not apply with a specific life insurance company. Why? Should something concerning show up on your application, such as a pre-existing medical condition, that information could be available to other life insurance companies.
- An independent agent is not held captive to a particular carrier. They have your best interest at heart and will do the shopping for you.
- Be ready to answer your phone interview questions.
- By having your medical history, medications, occupation, and lifestyle information readily available, your application process is streamlined.
To get started, simply fill out our instant quote.